The Hebrew Home at Riverdale is an internationally recognized non-profit geriatric service organization that provides older adults of all faiths with exceptional care in conformance with the laws, customs and traditions of the Jewish religion. Our goal is to provide warm, nurturing care in a cost-effective manner which preserves and enhances independence and dignity. We seek to make a positive impact everyday in the lives of all of the residents and individuals we serve throughout the community.
Our goal is to provide care in a warm, homelike environment and in a manner, which preserves and enhances independence and dignity. Such care should be provided on the basis of a continuum of care in which older people can live, learn and flourish.
In fulfilling its mission, The Hebrew Home believes in a person-centered philosophy of service, dedicated to:
• Celebrating our residents as unique individuals, deserving of dignity and respect;
• Fostering independence, meaning, comfort and personal choice throughout all aspects of life;
• Empowering our staff to support our residents’ choices;
• Nurturing the human spirit through education, religious expression, art and music;
• Striving for excellence through respect, development and support of employees, who are all considered caregivers of our residents and each other;
• Embracing the cultural diversity of The Hebrew Home community regardless of race, creed, color, gender, religion, or national origin;
• Welcoming family and friends as integral members of The Hebrew Home community;
• Maintaining a safe and secure living environment in which our residents may achieve their optimal level of function;
• Insuring responsible fiscal stewardship to support the Home’s commitment to quality care and services, and to the community;
• Complying with all federal and state laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements, standards and practices.