Guidelines | Volunteer Applications | Pet Pals
Volunteers work directly with residents and assist professional staff to achieve the Home’s mission of providing the best possible health care and quality of life for the elderly.
What do Volunteers Do?
• Recreational Activities
• Rehabilitation Services
• Escort and Transport
• Mealtime Assistance
• Resident Visits
• Library Service
• Discussion Groups and entertainment
• Pet Visits
• Docent for Museum and Home’s Art Collection
• Clerical, Bookkeeping or Accounting Assistance
• Any individual 14-years or older looking to develop new skills
• College and high school students seeking practical experience and internships
• Corporate Groups and Employees
• Professional and Business People
Assignments can be short term or ongoing. Opportunities are available from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, weekdays and weekends. (Other times may be arranged.)
Family members are encouraged to contribute to The Living Well Journey by participating in our Family Neighborhood Volunteer Program.
Family members are trained to provide volunteer services in their relative’s neighborhood, such as lounge coverage, friendly visiting, meal assistance, transport services and more.
For more information, please contact the Volunteering Department at (718) 581-1404, your Resident Services Coordinator, and/or Clinical Nurse Manager.